Dr. Yong-Hong KUO 郭永鴻博士
Personal website: https://sites.google.com/site/yonghongkuo/
Dr. Yong-Hong Kuo is Assistant Professor in the Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering, the University of Hong Kong. He earned his B.Sc. in Mathematics, with a minor in Risk Management Science, and M.Phil. and Ph.D. in Systems Engineering and Engineering Management, from the Chinese University of Hong Kong. During the period, he also worked at the University of California at Berkeley as Visiting Researcher and Oak Ridge National Laboratory as Visiting Student. Prior to joining HKU, he was Research Assistant Professor at Stanley Ho Big Data Decision Analytics Research Centre, the Chinese University of Hong Kong. Dr. Kuo’s research spans theory and application of mathematical modeling and optimization techniques for decision problems encompassing the field of management science. He is interested in modeling problems, devising effective and efficient solution methodologies and by using these tools to improve operations, help system design and derive managerial insights. His research, with his role as Principal Investigator, has been supported by a number of funding agencies, including Hong Kong Research Grants Council, Health and Medical Research Fund, Microsoft Research Asia, and Macao Science and Technology Development Fund.
- System simulation
- Healthcare management
- Logistics and transportation planning
- Data-intensive modeling and optimization techniques
- IMSE3121/4136 Transportation and Distribution Planning
- IMSE3136/4116 Operations Planning and Control
- IELM6048 Terminal and Warehousing Operations
* indicates the corresponding author
- Kuo Y.H. and Kusiak A.*, “From Data to Big Data in Production Research: The Past and Future Trends." Forthcoming in International Journal of Production Research.
- Ho S.C., Szeto W.Y.*, Kuo Y.H., Leung J.M.Y., Petering M., Tou T.W.H., “A Survey of Dial-a-ride Problems: Literature Review and Recent Developments." Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 111: 395–421, 2018.
- Kuo Y.H.*, Rado O., Lupia B., Leung J.M.Y. and Graham C.A, “Improving the Efficiency of a Hospital Emergency Department: A Simulation Study with Indirectly Imputed Service-time Distributions." Flexible Services and Manufacturing. 28(1): 120–147, 2016.
- Kuo Y.H.* and Leung J.M.Y., “On the Mixed Set Covering, Packing and Partitioning Polytope." Discrete Optimization, 22(A): 162–182, 2016.
- He S.Y.*, Kuo Y.H. and Wu D., “Incorporating Institutional and Spatial Factors in the Selection of the Optimal Locations of Public Electric Vehicle Charging Facilities: A Case Study of Beijing, China." Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 67: 131–148, 2016.
- Cheng C.H. and Kuo Y.H.*, “A Dissimilarities Balance Model for a Multi-skilled Multi-location Food Safety Inspector Scheduling Problem." IIE Transactions, 48(3): 235–251, 2016.
- Kuo Y.H., Leung J.M.Y.* and Yano C.A., “Scheduling of Multi-Skilled Staff Across Multiple Locations." Production and Operations Management, 23(4): 626–644, 2014.