S.C. LinResearch Assistant Professor
Dr. Shaochong Lin is a Research Assistant Professor in the Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering, the University of Hong Kong. Dr. Lin received his PhD degree in Management Sciences from College of Business, City University of Hong Kong. He earned his Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics from South China University of Technology, China, and his Master’s degree in Management Science and Engineering from Tongji University, China. He was a visiting researcher in the Department of Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, UC Berkeley, and a Postdoc Fellow at the University of Hong Kong.
Dr. Lin's current research involves data-driven Operations Management, interfaces between Machine Learning and Operations Research, and their applications in real-world problems in Supply Chain Management, Smart Transportation, Healthcare, and Marketing. He is proactive in cooperating with real-world companies and solving research problems motivated by practice. He is a reviewer for journals: Management Science, Operations Research, Production and Operations Management, International Journal of Medical Informatics, Omega, and IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics. He is serving as a program committee member for the 27th AAAI Conference (2023) on Artificial Intelligence.
Personal website: https://sites.google.com/view/shaochong
- Data-driven Operations Management
- Interface between Machine Learning and Operations Research
- Smart Transportation
- Healthcare Analytics
- S. Lin, Y. F. Chen, Y. Li, and Z.-J. M. Shen, “Data-driven newsvendor problems regularized by a profit risk constraint,” Production and Operations Management, vol. 31, pp. 1630-1644, Apr 2022.
- S. Lin, M. Bakker, and E. Leung, “Robust meal delivery service for the elderly: a case study in Hong Kong,” Nature Research Journal - Scientific Reports, vol. 12(1), pp. 1-12, Dec 2022.
- C. Liu, S. Lin, Z.-J. M. Shen, and J. Zhang, "Stochastic service network design: the value of fixed routes," Transportation Research Part E, vol. 174, 103118, May 2023.
- C. Liu, J. Zhang, S. Lin, and Z.-J. M. Shen, “Service network design with consistent multiple trips," Transportation Research Part E, vol. 171, 103028, Mar 2023.
- S. Lin, Q. Zhang, Y. F. Chen, L. Luo, L. Chen, and W. Zhang, “Smooth Bayesian network model for the prediction of future high-cost patients with COPD,” International Journal of Medical Informatics, vol. 126, pp. 147-155, Apr 2019.
- X. Li, S. Lin, P. Tian, and Y. P. Aneja, “Models and column generation approach for the resource-constrained minimum cost path problem with relays,” Omega, vol. 66, pp. 79-90, 2017.
- X. Li, S. Lin, S. Chen, Y. P. Aneja, P. Tian, and Y. Cui, “An iterated metaheuristic for the directed network design problem with relays,” Computers & Industrial Engineering, vol. 113, pp. 35-45, 2017.
For more working papers, please refer to personal website and SSRN: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=3896167