To be eligible for admission to the Taught Postgraduate Curricula in the Faculty, applicants should normally possess a Bachelor’s degree of this University in a relevant field such as engineering, sciences, mathematics, statistics, business studies, or the equivalent ; or a qualification of equivalent standard from this University or another comparable institution accepted for this purpose.
English Language Requirement
Applicants who seek admission on the basis of a qualification from a university or a comparable institution outside Hong Kong of which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English are required to obtain:
- a score of 550 or above (paper-based test), or 80 or above (internet-based) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)*; or
- a minimum overall band of 6 with no subtest lower than 5.5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or
- Grade C or above in the Overseas General Certificate of Education (GCE); or
- Grade C or above in the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE); or
- Grade C or above in the Cambridge Test of Proficiency in English Language.
Unless in exceptional circumstances where applicants are exempted from this requirement.
Main round: 14 October 2019 to 31 December 2019
Clearing round: 01 January 2020 to 15 April 2020
Notification of acceptance will be made in March to June 2020.
Late applicants can be considered if places are still available.