Dr. Ray Y. ZhongAssistant Professor
Dr. Ray Y. Zhong (Runyang Zhong) is an Assistant Professor in The Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering, The University of Hong Kong. He was a lecturer in The Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Auckland, New Zealand from 2016-2019. Ray gained his M.Phil. and Ph.D. in Signal & Information Processing and Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering from the Guangdong University of Technology (China) and The University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong) respectively. His research interests include Internet of Things (IoT)-enabled manufacturing, Big Data in manufacturing & SCM and data-driven APS. He has published over 100 papers in international journals and conferences. Ray serve as editorial boards and guest editors for several well-known international journals: International Journal of Production Economics, Computers & Industrial Engineering: An International Journal, International Journal of Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, etc. In addition, he has participated in a set of projects sponsored by the National R&D department, HK ITF and HKU. He is a member of CIRP RA, ASME (USA), IET (UK), IEEE (USA) and LSCM HK.
Ray was awarded the 2018 IJPR Best Paper with the title of "Big Data Analytics for Physical Internet-based intelligent manufacturing shop floor", Best Conference Paper Award with the title of "Analysis of RFID Datasets for Smart Manufacturing Shop Floors" in 15th IEEE International Conference on Networking, Sensing and Control, New Zealand Chinese Youth Scientist Award (NZCYSA) 2017 and the Young Author Prize in the 15th IFAC/IEEE/IFIP/IFORS Symposium on Information Control Problems in Manufacturing.
- Internet of Things (IoT)-enabled Manufacturing
- Big Data Analytics for Manufacturing
- Smart Robotics
- Advanced Planning and Scheduling
- Data-driven Food Supply Chain Management
- 1. Wang, Y. B., Lin, Y., Zhong, R. Y., & Xu, X. IoT-enabled Cloud-based Additive Manufacturing Platform to Support Rapid Product Development. International Journal of Production Research. 10.1080/00207543.2018.1516905.
- 2. Jiang, J. C., Stringer, J., Xu, X & Zhong, R. Y. * Investigation of printable threshold overhang angle in extrusion-based additive manufacturing for reducing support waste. International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing. 10.1080/0951192X.2018.1466398
- 3. Liu, C. H., Liu, X. C.*, He, Q. P., Zhang, Y. J., & Zhong, R. Y. An ultra-high speed centrifugal grinding approach for thin-walled bearing ring. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 98, 305-315. 10.1007/s00170-018-2100-0.
- 4. Wang, Y. B., Xu, X*, & Zhong, R. Y., A Decision Support System for Additive Manufacturing Process Selection Using Hybrid Multiple Criteria Decision Making Method, Rapid Prototyping Journal, 10.1108/RPJ-01-2018-0002
- 5. Liu, C., Vengayil, H., Zhong, R. Y., & Xu, X. A systematic development method for Cyber-Physical Machine Tools. Journal of Manufacturing Systems. 10.1016/j.jmsy.2018.02.001.
- 6. Zhai, Y., Zhong, R. Y. & Huang, G. Q.*, & Buffer space hedging and coordination in prefabricated construction supply chain management. International Journal of Production Economics. 200, 192-206. 10.1016/j.ijpe.2018.03.014
- 7. Lan, S. L & Zhong, R. Y*. (2018). An empirical study on coordinated development of metropolitan economy and logistics. Resource, Conservation & Recycling. 128, 345-354. Doi: 10.1016/j.resconrec.2016.08.017.
- 8. Lu, S. P., Xu, C.*, Zhong, R. Y. & Wang L. H. (2018). A Passive RFID Tag-based Locating and Navigating Approach for Automated Guided Vehicle. Computers & Industrial Engineering: An International Journal. 10.1016/j.cie.2017.12.026.
- 9. Zhong, R. Y.* & Ge, W. B., (2018). Internet of Things enabled Manufacturing: A Review. International Journal of Agile Systems and Management. 11(2), 126-154. 10.1504/IJASM.2018.092545
- 10. Deng, C. Y., Guo, R. F., Liu, C., Zhong, R. Y., & Xu Xun. (2018). A data cleaning algorithm for energy-saving: A case of Cyber-physical Machine Tools health monitoring system. International Journal of Production Research.56: 1-2, 1000-1015. 10.1080/002207543.2017.1394596.
- 11. Li, Z. D., Zhong, R.Y., Xue, F., Xu, G. Y., Chen, K., Huang, G. Q., & Shen, Q. P. (2017). Integrating RFID and BIM technologies for improving schedule performance of prefabricated house construction, Journal of Cleaner Production. 165, 1048-1062. 10.1016/j.jclepro.2017.07.156.
- 12. Zheng P, Wang, H. H., Sang, Z. Q., Zhong, R. Y.*, Liu, Y. K., Liu, C., Mubarok, K., Yu, S. Q., & Xu, X. Smart manufacturing systems for Industry 4.0 - a conceptual framework. Front. Mech. Eng. 10.1007/s11465-018-0499-5.
- 13. Qing, W.*, Zhong, R. Y., & Dai, H. Y. (2017). An Assessment Model for RFID Impacts on Prevention and Visibility of Inventory Inaccuracy Presence. Advanced Engineering Informatics. 34, 70-79. 10.1016/j.aei.2017.09.006.
- 14. Zhang, G., Zhang, Y. F., Xu, X. & Zhong, R. Y. (2018). An augmented Lagrangian coordination method for optimal allocation of cloud manufacturing services. Journal of Manufacturing Systems. 10.1016/j.jmsy.2017.11.008.
- 15. Zhong, R.Y.*, Tan, K., Bhaskaran, G. (2017). Data-driven food supply chain management and systems. Industrial Management & Data Systems. 117(9), 1779-1781. 10.1108/IMDS-06-2017-0269.
- 16. Zhong, R. Y., Xu, X*. Klotz, E., & Newman, S. (2017). Intelligent Manufacturing in the Context of Industry 4.0: A Review. Engineering, 3(5), 616-630. 10.1016/J.ENG.2017.05.015 .
- 17. Deng, C. Y., Guo, R. F., Xu, X., Zhong, R. Y., & Yin, Z. Y. (2017). A new high-performance open CNC system and its energy-aware schedule algorithm. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 93(5-8), 1513-1525. 10.1007/s00170-017-0593-6.
- 18. Lu, S. P., Xu, C., Zhong, R.Y., & Wang, L. H. (2017). A RFID-enabled positioning system in automated guided vehicle for smart factories. Journal of Manufacturing Systems. 44, 179-190. 10.1016/j.jmsy.2017.03.009.
- 19. Yu, Y., Wang, X., Zhong, R. Y.*, & Huang, G. Q. (2017). E-commerce Logistics in supply chain management Implementations and Future Perspective in Furniture Industry. Industrial Management & Data Systems. 117(10), 2263-2286. 10.1108/IMDS-09-2016-0398.
- 20. Zhang, Y. F.*, Zhang, G., Qu, T., Liu, Y., & Zhong, R. Y. (2017). Analytical target cascading for optimal configuration of cloud manufacturing services, Journal of Cleaner Production. 151, 30-343.