Dr. L.K. ChuHonorary Associate Professor
Dr. L.K. Chu obtained his B.Eng. from Monash University, and was awarded a Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851 Scholarship to undertake postgraduate study in the University of Cambridge. His major research interests consist of advanced manufacturing systems, supply chain management specialising in the management of procurement risks.
Dr. L.K. Chu has been an active member of the Executive Committee of the Institute of Industrial Engineers, Hong Kong Chapter (IIE(HK)) for ten years. He was elected President of the Institute in 1999-2000 and was responsible for the organisation of the outstanding Industrial Engineer Award in 1999. He was re-elected as the president of IIE(HK) in 2002-2003. In 2000, Dr. Chu was selected by the Chinese Mechanical Engineering Society to serve as "expert of industrial engineering".
Dr. Chu is the director of the MSc(Eng) programme in Industrial Engineering and Logistics Management (IELM).
- Y.X. Zhu and L.K. Chu (Spring 2004). ENTERPRISE LOGISTICS AND FACILITY PLANNING. China Machine Press (機械工業出版社).
- Z.B. Luo and L.K. Chu (Summer 2003). INTRODUCTION TO INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING. China Machine Press (機械工業出版社).
- Li, SD, J Ni & LK Chu. Financial hedging and competitive strategy for value-maximizing firms under quantity competition. Annals of Operations Research. DOI:10.1007/s10479-017-2637-6.
- Li, Q, BZ Niu, LK Chu, J. Ni & JW Wang. Buy Now and Price Later: Supply Contracts with Time-Consistent Mean-Variance Financial Hedging. European Journal of Operational Research. DOI: 10.1016/j.ejor.2018.02.004.
- Ni, J, Q. Li & L.K. Chu (2017). Capacity decision with debt financing: The effects of agency. European Journal of Operational Research. 261(3):1158-1169
- Li, Q, J.W. Wang, J. Ni, L.K. Chu & C.D. Li (2017). The optimal time to make a risky investment under a permanent exit option. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing. DOI: 10.1007/s10845-017-1299-1.
- Shu, L, F Wu & LK Chu (2017). Risk-averse procurement strategy under large-scale promotion online considering strategic customer. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 112:576-585.
- Li, Q, BZ Niu & LK Chu (2017). Forward Sourcing or Spot Trading? Optimal Commodity Procurement Policy with Demand Uncertainty Risk and Forecast Update. IEEE Systems Journal, 11(3): 1526-1536.
- Shi, Y, T Qu & LK Chu (2016). A dynamic Stackelberg game model for portfolio procurement. Industrial Management and Data Systems, 116(3): 350-368.
- Zong W., F. Wu, L.K. Chu, D.Sculli. Identification of approximately duplicate material records in ERP systems, Enterprise Information Systems. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/17517575.2015.1065513.
- Ni, J, LK Chu & B.P.C. Yen (2016), Coordinating operational policy with financial hedging for risk-averse firms, OMEGA, 59(B):279-289.
- Li Q., & L.K. Chu, A multi-stage financial hedging strategy for a risk-averse firm with contingent payment, IAENG International Journal of Applied Mathematics, 45(1): 64-70.
- Shu L.; F. Wu; L.K. Chu; J. Ni. On the risk-averse procurement strategy under unreliable supply, Computers & Industrial Engineering. DOI:10.1016/j.cie.2014.12.034.
- Zong W., F. Wu, L.K. Chu & D. Sculli. A discriminative and semantic feature selection method for text categorization, International Journal of Production Economics. DOI:10.1016/j.ijpe.2014.12.035.
- Shi Y., J.J. Nie, T. Qu, LK Chu & D. Sculli (2015), Choosing Reverse Channels under Collection Responsibility Sharing in a Closed-loop Supply Chain with Re-manufacturing, Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, 26(2): 387-402.
- Wu F., H.Z. Li, L.K. Chu & D. Sculli (2013). Supplier selection for outsourcing from the perspective of protecting crucial product knowledge, International Journal of Production Research, 51(5): 1508-1519.
- Ni J., L.K. Chu, F. Wu, D. Sculli & and Y. Shi (2012). A Multi-stage Financial Hedging Approach for Commodities used in Manufacturing, European Journal of Operational Research, 221: 424-431.
- Shi Y., F. Wu, L.K. Chu, D. Sculli & Y.H. Xu (2011). A portfolio approach to managing procurement risk using multi-stage stochastic programming, Journal of the Operational Research Society, 62(11):1958-1972.
- Chu L.K., Y. Shi, S. Lin, D. Sculli & J. Ni (2010). Fuzzy chance-constrained programming model for a multi-echelon reverse logistics network for household appliances, Journal of the Operational Research Society, 61(4):551-560.
- Chu L.K., A.K.Y. Leung & D. Sculli (2007). A portfolio approach to maintenance: a case study of a residential estate, Quality & Reliability Engineering International, 24:251-264.
- Wu F., H.Z. Li, L.K. Chu, D. Sculli & K. Gao (2008). An Approach to the valuation and decision of ERP investment projects based on real options, Annals of Operations Research, 168:181-203.
- Chiu C.K.F., L.K. Chu & D. Sculli (2001). A modular generic software system for cellular FMS. International Journal of Production Research, 39(12):2545-2566.
- Liu J.P., Z.B. Luo, L.K. Chu & Y.L. Chen (2003). Manufacturing system design with optimal diagnosability. International Journal of Production Research, 42(9):1695-1714.
Wu F, H.Z. Li, L.K. Chu & D. Sculli (2005). An outsourcing decision model for sustaining long-term performance, International Journal of Production Research, 43(12):2513-2535.
- L.K. Chu, F. Wu, D. Sculli and C. Chen. Approaches to productivity enhancement of knowledge workers. 29th International Conference on Computers and Industrial Engineering, Nov. 2001, Montreal, pp363-370.
- K.K.T. Chan, L.K. Chu and D. Sculli. A logistic program for the maintenance of aircraft cabin components. 8th ISSAT International Conference on Reliability and Quality Design, August, 2002, Anaheim, California, USA, pp21-25.
- F. T. S. Chan and L. K. Chu. Critical success factors of managing supply chains. 8th ISSAT International Conference on Reliability and Quality Design, August, 2002,Anaheim, California, USA, pp31-34.
- Z.B. Luo, X.J. Yu and L.K. Chu. Probe into the constraints based management and creative design. Annual Conference of Chinese Mechanical Engineering Society, Beijing, 6-8 December, 2002.
- Z.B. Luo, L.K. Chu, R.W.H. Yeung, P.Y.F. Mok. Some thoughts on the future of industrial engineering. Annual Conference of Chinese Mechanical Engineering Society,Beijing, 6-8 December, 2002.
- L.K. Chu and P.Y.F. Mok. Industrial Engineering: back to basic. Annual Conference of Chinese Mechanical Engineering Society, Beijing, 6-8 December, 2002.
- J. P. Liu, Y.L. Chen, Z.B. Luo and L.K. Chu. Designing the optimal diagnosability for key quality characteristics using a matrix model. IEEE International Conference on the Business of Electronic Product Reliability and Liability, Hong Kong, January 2003.
- L.K. Chu, Harry K.F. Li, D. Sculli and Y.X. Zhu. An enterprise logistics view of manufacturing facilities and material handling systems. International Conference of Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, Shanghai, China, December 2003.
- L.K. Chu, Matthew Y.C. Chow, and D. Sculli Knowledge transfer and sharing with IT infrastructure to improve competitive advantages. International Conference of Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, Shanghai, China, December 2003.
- Y.H. Xu, L.K. Chu and K.L. Mak. Evaluation of Interacting Real Options in RFID Technology Investment: A Multistage Stochastic Integer Programming Model. Submitted for publication in 14th International Conference on Management of Technology, Vienna, Austria, May 22-26, 2005.