Dr. J.W. Wang obtained his BEng and first Ph.D. degrees from Northeastern University (China) and second Ph.D. degree from University of Saskatchewan (Canada). Prior to joining the University of Hong Kong, he was a research fellow at the University of Tokyo.
- Resilience engineering
- Service systems engineering (such as transportation systems, health care systems and financial systems)
- Critical infrastructure systems: design, planning and management
- Modeling and optimization
- IMSE4123 Warehousing and Terminal Operations
- IMSE3133/4108 Operations Research Techniques
- IMSE3121 Transportation and Distribution Planning
- IMSE6034 Operational Research Techniques
Wang D. W., Wang J. W., Wang H. F., Zhang R. Y. and Guo Z. (2007) Intelligent Optimization Method, High Education Press (China).
Detailed publication information is available at:
- Yu Y., Wang S., Wang J.W., and Huang M. (2019), A Branch-and-Price Algorithm for the Heterogeneous Fleet Green Vehicle Routing Problem with Time Windows, Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, in press.
- Wang J.W., Yu Y. and Tang J.F. (2018). Compensation and profit distribution for cooperative green pickup and delivery problem, Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 113: 54-69.
- De A., Wang J.W.* and Tiwari M. (2019). Hybridizing Basic Variable Neighborhood Search with Particle Swarm Optimization for Solving Sustainable Ship Routing and Bunker Management Problem, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, doi: 10.1109/TITS.2019.2900490.
- Zhou Y.M., Wang J.W.* and Yang H. (2018). Resilience of transportation systems – concepts and comprehensive review, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, doi:10.1109/TITS.2018.2883766.
- Zhou Y.M. and Wang J.W.* (2018). Critical link analysis for urban transportation networks, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 19(2):402-415.
- Xu G.Y., Wang J.W., Huang G.Q. and Chen C-H (2017). Data-driven resilient fleet management for cloud asset-enabled urban flood control, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 19(6): 1827-1838.
- Wang J. W., Liu D., Ip W. H., Zhang W. J. and Deters R. (2014). Integration of system-dynamics, aspect-programming, and objective-orientation in system information modeling, IEEE transactions on industrial informatics, 10(2): 847-853.
- Wang J. W., Wang H. F., Zhang W J, Ip W.H. and Furuta K (2013), Evacuation Planning Based on the Contraflow technique with Consideration of Evacuation Priorities and Traffic Setup Time, IEEE transactions on intelligent transportation systems, 14(1): 480-485.
- Wang J. W., Ip W H and Zhang W J (2010). An integrated Road Construction and Resource planning approach to the evacuation of victims from single source to multiple destinations, IEEE transactions on intelligent transportation systems, 11(2): 277-289.
- Yu Y., Wu Y.T. and Wang J.W.* (2019). Bi-objective green ride-sharing problem: model and exact method, International Journal of Production Economics, 208: 472-482.
- Zhou Y.M., Wang J.W.* and Huang G.Q. (2019). Efficiency and robustness of weighted air transport networks, Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 122:14-26.
- Sun W., Yu Y., Wang J.W.*(2019), Heterogeneous green pickup and delivery problems: formulation and exact solution, Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, in press.
- Zhou Y.M., Wang J.W.* and Sheu B-J. (2019). On Connectivity of Post-earthquake Road Networks, Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 123:1-16.
- Fu Y., Ding J.L., Wang H..F. and Wang J.W.* (2018). Two-objective stochastic flow-shop scheduling with deteriorating and learning effect in Industry 4.0-based manufacturing system, Applied Soft Computing, 68:847-855.
- Zhou Y.M., Sheu J-B, and Wang J.W.* (2017). Robustness assessment of urban road network with consideration of multiple hazard events, Risk Analysis, 37(8):1477-1494.
- Yu Y., Lou Q., Tang J., Wang J.W.* and Yue X. (2017). An exact decomposition method to save trips in cooperative pickup and delivery based on scheduled trips and profit distribution, Computers & Operations Research, 87:245-257.
- Wang J.W., Dou R. L., Muddada R.R. and Zhang W.J. (2017). Management of a holistic supply chain network for proactive resilience: theory and case study, Computers & Industrial Engineering, 125:668-677.
- Yu Y., Tang J., Li J., Sun W. and Wang J.W. (2016). Reducing carbon emission of pickup and delivery using integrated scheduling, Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, 47:237-250.
- Wang J. W., Muddada R. R., Wang H. F., Ding J. L., Lin Y. and Zhang W. J. (2016), Towards a Resilient Holistic Supply Chain Network System: Concept, Review and Future Direction, IEEE Systems Journal, 10(2): 410-421.
- Wang J. W., Wang H. F., Zhang, W.J., Ip W.H. and Furuta K. (2014). On a unified definition of the service system: what is its identity? IEEE Systems Journal, 8(3): 821-826.
- Wang J.W., Wang H.F., Ding J. L., Furuta K., Kanno T., Ip W.H. and Zhang W.J. (2016). On domain modelling of the service system with its application to enterprise information systems. Enterprise Information Systems, 10(1):1-16.
- Wang J. W., Gao F. and IP W. H. (2010) Measurement of Resilience and its Application to Enterprise Information Systems, Enterprise information systems, 4(2): 215-223.