J.C. ChenResearch Assistant Professor
Dr. Jiangcheng Chen is Research Assistant Professor in the Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering, the University of Hong Kong. He received the B.Eng. and M.Eng. degrees from Xi’an University of Architecture and Technology, China, in 2009 and 2012, respectively, and received the Ph.D. degree in mechanical engineering from Xi’an Jiaotong University, Shannxi, China, in 2016. Prior to joining the University of Hong Kong, he was a tenure-track Assistant Professor in College of Mechatronics and Control Engineering, Shenzhen University, Guangdong, China.
- Bioelectrical signal (EMG, EEG) processing and control
- Wearable robotics for rehabilitation and elderly assistance
- Z. Ling, J. Chen, G. Cao, Y. Zhang, L. Li, W. Xu, S Cao, “A domain adaptive convolutional neural network for sEMG-based gait phase recognition against to speed changes”, IEEE Sensors Journal, 2023.
- W. Wang, J. Chen, S Bi, “A novel method eliminating residual voltage for resolver with signal fitting implementation”, IEEE Sensors Journal, 2021.
- J. Chen, S. Bi, G. Zhang, G. Cao, “High-density surface EMG-based gesture recognition using a 3D convolutional neural network”, Sensors, 2020.
- G. Yin, X. Zhang, J. Chen, “An approach for sEMG based variable damping control of lower limb rehabilitation robot”, International Journal of Robotics and Automation, 2020.
- J. Chen, X. Zhang, Y. Cheng, N. Xi, “Surface EMG based continuous estimation of human lower limb joint angles by using deep belief networks”, Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, 2018.
- J. Chen, X. Zhang, L. Gu, C. Nelson, “Estimating muscle forces and knee joint torque using surface electromyography: A musculoskeletal biomechanical model”, Journal of Mechanics in Medicine and Biology, 2017.